WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUBMIT?
|RINGS||WEDDING FEATURE||ENGAGEMENT FEATURE|
|PROPOSAL||FILM / VIDEO||FRAMES|
|submit||currently by invite only||currently by invite only|
LOGO & WATERMARKS
Logos & watermarks are welcomed as long they are not “distracting”
General guidelines for logos (what we prefer)
- Simple text vs “fancy script”
- black / white / transparent vs bright & bold colors
- carefully placed vs obtrusive
- not “distracting”
We realize these guidelines for logos and watermarks are subjective. We value the photograph, it’s content, artistry, and vision that it was created with. At the same time, we also understand that images are watermarked for a reason. Due to the volume of submissions we receive we can not reply to notify you if your logo is too distracting nor ask you to resubmit. If the logo / watermark is too distracting we simply can not accept the submission.
Sending a submission form does not guarantee publication; we will have to take submissions under consideration before deciding to publish.
WEBSITE vs MAGAZINE PUBLICATION
All submissions are primarily for website BUT are also considered for publication in future magazine issues. If your submission is accepted, it will be published on our website unless otherwise noted. If considered for print and / or a digital issue, we will ask you to complete an additional form, which will ask for your clearance and signature for magazine publication. If we decide to include images already featured on the website as part of a magazine issue, we will send you an invitation (which you can accept or decline) along with the additional form, as described above.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
We will review the image(s) and we will let you know within 1-10 business days if any images are accepted for a feature. We’ll do our best to respond to everyone, but due to the amount of queries & submissions we receive, this may not always be the case. In general, if you don’t hear from us after 10 days, we will not be using your submission. But we encourage you to keep on submitting others!
We will try to notify you prior to your submission being published. However, this is not guaranteed. In most cases, we will notify you the same day it’s published, via email, Facebook, and/or Twitter.
We require that photographers always get credit for their work. Though it is optional at times, we highly encourage that other vendors (if applicable) also get credit. We will give credit by watermark, text attribution, metadata encryption, and “ON WTR profiles.”
WTR MAG DOES NOT HAVE AN “EXCLUSIVITY CLAUSE”
Some publications require that if they publish an image you are not allowed to publish it anywhere else a) before they publish it b) for an agreed upon period of time. Ring Portraits published on WTR MAG do not have this clause. You are free to publish your photographs where you wish. Engagements, weddings, proposals, and all other submissions also do not have an “exclusivity clause” but we prefer “new content” for the magazine.
As much as we’d like to feature a photographers work, we prefer images that have not yet been featured on other wedding-related sites/blog (other than the photographers own website) or print publications (mags, newspapers, etc.), or images that are not pending publication somewhere else. Please let us know if any of these conditions apply to you. For two reasons: (a) We’d like to provide new & fresh content as much as possible and (b) To prevent any conflict of interest that may arise (e.g., with other publications’ terms & conditions, e.g. “exclusivity clause”).
DETAILS & INFO
Some info may require checking with the couple (e.g., ring info/vendors). Though most are optional we highly encourage that you include some information. We love the stories behind the images.
We will not tamper with your work, but we may resize and group certain images together for layout purposes. Please note that “thumbnails” and/or “featured post images” are automatically generated and may be cropped. We will not crop or make any adjustments to Larger images.
TERMS and CONDITIONS (studio managers, brides, grooms, and others)
1. Submission does not guarantee use or publication. 2. Photographers permission: If accepted for a feature WTR MAG will contact the photographer to get written permission. We highly respect the Photographer, the Photographers work, and his/her rights. We will not feature any images without the photographers written permission. 3. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions do not submit. By making a submission you agree to these terms and conditions.
TERMS and CONDITIONS (photographers)
1. Submission does not guarantee use or publication. 2. I will notify WTR MAG if the materials I’m submitting have been published or pending publication on other blog/websites (other than my own) or print publications (magazines, newspapers, etc.). 3. Submission has been cleared with me, the photographer. 4. Submission has been cleared with the bride & groom. 5. If accepted for a print / digital magazine feature, I will be given an invitation and an additional form, which will ask for my clearance and signature for publication. 6. Photographs may be marked with “©[Photographer]” if no watermark is present. 7. Photographs may be subject to resize or grouped differently for layout purposes. 8. Photographs are subject to automated thumbnail generation and may be cropped. 9. I understand that my image(s) may be featured and used in future articles. WTR will always give proper credit. 10. Once material has been featured, WTR MAG has the right NOT to take it down nor remove it for any reason. 11. All accepted submissions may be used for future voting contests held on WTR MAG. 12. I have read and understand the submission guidelines, terms, and conditions outlined above. 13. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions do not submit. By making a submission you agree to these terms and conditions.